What are the 5 secrets to a quick sale?
Are you selling your home? Take a look at the 5 secrets below to help sell your property quickly.
- Have a clean presentation. Make sure you keep your home tidy and neat at all times. De-clutter and get rid of or store any unnecessary household items.
- Update your home's features. Do some small renovations such as new paint, light fixtures, faucets, door handles and curtains. It can make a big difference to improving the overall look of your home.
- Stage your home for success. Hire a professional home stager to make your home look the best or do some research on techniques to make your home more attractive and spacious.
- Create some curb appeal. It's time to perfect your home from the outside. Clean up the front and back yard. Put away any tools or items not in use. Get a fresh paint job of doors and window sills. Plant some trees and flowers to spruce up your yard.
- Price your home to sell. You've followed the tips above, now call your Realtor® to give you a home appraisal. Do your homework, work with your Realtor® to list your home with a price that is realistic and right for you.?
Why is staging important?
Staging is a key component to preparing your home to sell. A staged, decorative home allows potential buyers to envision the space in a neutral and modern setting. Simple staging tips can define the space and may help your home sell quickly.Some staging tips below that can improve the look of your home:
- Use your furniture wisely. Proper furniture placement allows a room to show well. Whether it's moving a couch, putting up a picture or adding some accessories, try to maintain an open concept feel and look.
- Size matters. Don't put too many bulky items in one room. Allow enough space for pedestrian traffic. Don't place a small picture on a large wall.
- Add accessories. Want a chic look? Add some modern paintings or sculptures. To keep your costs low, purchase a modern poster and buy an inexpensive but unique frame from your local department store.
- Add a touch of colour. You can add a fresh coat of paint to liven up a room or add some fruit bowls or drapery with complementary colours.
- Depersonalize your space. Take down multiple family photos, diplomas or certificates. Keep your home neutral, so buyers can envision themselves living in your home.
Need more information? Please call or email us if you have any questions or if we can assist you with any of your real estate needs. We would be happy to help.